February 18, 2012

An Epiphany of Sorts

I have come to realize that many activities that I find to be calming to the soul are considered boring by most.  By this, I mean the introverted, internal sorts of pleasure-seeking: reading, writing, attempting to grasp (i.e.: usually not understanding) seemingly-immaculate ideas and theories in texts, sitting outdoors, taking photographs, decorating EmeraldCut boxes--and the list goes on and on.  Truthfully, these are parts of my daily routine, which I dearly imbue with intrinsic value, and therefore document in this blog.  No wonder why I have a nearly non-existent readership, huh?  

Without much convincing, I remind myself that I am staying wholeheartedly true to myself, which is in my opinion, the ultimate goal of a full, lived life.  And that is reason enough for me to go on with my Existentialist ways: for the "less exciting" events in life are sometimes the most rewarding ones in the long run.

So...no tales of white water rafting, snowboarding, scathing details on what I wore/did/ate today, or hiking in the dark, etc., will ever be posted on this blog.  I'd rather be outdoors (or in) sipping a hot coffee or tea from a gargantuan-sized ceramic mug, staring at the ancient trees, and listening to the wind glide in an invisible, times-of-old dance with the sunlight softly filtering through foliage and cloud.  The rocks, the greenery, the feel of sunlight upon the face: this, to me, is a rich, full life.

5 comments:

Chaotic Harmony said...

Beautifully written, Emerald. Don't fill the silence with noise. Someday, many individuals might regret that they missed the silence. They were too busy to appreciate it.

GoHeyJudy said...

I agree. I sit and write and draw and read in silence for the majority of the day. I've never once thought I was missing anything.

EmeraldCut said...

Thank you for your comments, ladies. Silence is beautiful, but makes most uncomfortable. Glad I'm not alone in thinking it is beautiful. :)

Jill said...

This too can be a great adventure!

EmeraldCut said...

Thank you, Jill--so very true. :)