December 31, 2011

Taking a Snail's Pace

I've always taken a snail's pace in life...

 ...staring in wide-eyed fascination at: nature, the coming of ages, life.  Taking in the effusive scenery around me, I was comfortable in my humbly-critical observations.
Then 2011 came along.  I took the legal leap, and married my longtime love.  My then new Etsy shop started picking up a bit.  Learned that being self-employed is not as easy--or as hard, for that matter--as I had initially anticipated.  Reinvested in, and became more comfortable, with my creativity; blurred the formative line between art and consumerism.  Got healthier.  Went through a creative process...if you know what I mean.  Got frustrated.  Oh, the process.

I know that in an earlier post I said that I didn't believe in making New Year's resolutions.  However, after a few days of agonizing over this prospect, I realized that there is definitely something that I need to complete in 2012: I have to finish graduate school.  I am so close to finishing--I can't back away now.  And that is why this New Year's resolution-fearing woman has decided to right herself on up and take this challenge full on.

No comments: