August 10, 2012

Best Buds

Doll and bird handmade by GoHeyJudy.
My Judy doll and my newest addition, Ferb, are best buds...and after seeing them together in all their cool cuteness, it dawned on me that they are 100% handmade, right down to Judy's meticulously hand-sewn hair.  Someone made them: took the time to design them, cut the fabric just so, stuff them; sew them.  For me, looking the process-plus-end product, rather than just the finished product, does indeed bring about a sense of wonder, of awe really, to the definition of handmade. 

To that end, I hope you don't mind me sharing some photos of Ferb:

Check out that rockin' hair and those cool shells!  I can readily imagine Ferb gracing a shelf, a collector's box, or even hanging sweetly above a little one's crib...


...and let's face it: yellow gingham makes my day brighter.

If you're interested, visit GoHeyJudy's shop here.


Wishing you all a fruitful August weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well what a surprise to wake up to! Thanks, Emerald, for posting this! You've brightened MY day completely. I'm so happy that you are happy. That's the point of creating handmade. What a fantastic feeling. Thank you SO much. : ))

EmeraldCut said...

Thank YOU for creating these unique, quirky, cool dolls, GoHeyJudy! :)