August 20, 2011

Breathtaking Vintage

Okay, I quietly swore to myself that I would not make this blog a showcase for my ring obsession, but I found an absolutely breathtaking piece on Etsy...a linear, 1930s art deco ring.  My favorite aesthetic is embodied in this stunning, yet elegantly-stylish piece.  It's the linearity, the uniqueness of a ring that catches my eye, rather than the glint of a strategically-cut gemstone--and this ring fits the bill.

This piece is definitely not a contemporary girl's type of ring, for the diamonds are on the smaller side, it is not platinum, and the yellow gold is very prominent.  I'm not big on glitz and glamor, or its contemporary phrase, "bling," however, this ring is amazing, for a lack of a better adjective.  Drool-worthy.  Jaw dropping?  Yes...and YES in a times gone by, nostalgic sort of way.  So I had to share:


Click on the image to view the listing. 

No comments: