June 17, 2017

Lately

The title of this post sums up how I've been feeling lately.  It's a simple - yet heavily used - word with a sometimes loaded subtext, a one-worded topsy-turvy conversation starter whose underlying meaning is simultaneously rooted in the mundane and the extraordinary.  At least for me.

Baby A. started crawling within hours of my last blog post, so we've been baby-proofing our living space and following her around on hands and knees to see what other shenanigans she could potentially get in to.  Now she can even kneel and push herself up onto her feet.  No pulling herself up just yet.  In awe I watch her, and almost miraculously, at least to me, she is becoming more mobile.  This natural growth progression amazes me.

On the shop front I've been thinking of new shop jewelry designs, which I briefly mentioned in my last blog post.  It's been a long time since I've made new jewelry (one year!), so I've designated this fall as my get-new-jewelry-made season.  I look forward to reacquainting myself with wire and stone, the sense of accomplishment felt when symmetrical coiling fits perfectly between the bail and the stone without the stone moving at all.  This technical aspect of jewelry making is actually my favorite part of the process besides the conceptual aspect of designing a piece, and requires a good visual estimation of how much wire to use, tight coiling, and technique.  Below is an example of what I mean:

Dainty Amethyst Ombre Earrings - Niobium

I've also recently been working on a few writing orders and shipped out a pair of linear moonstone earrings.  Next thing on the to-do list is to work on my main site, www.theintrovertedwriter.com, which is in need of a tone-specific overhaul.  Also recently been thinking of new business cards to replace my hand-stamped ones - yes or no?  I'm calling this summer the season of productivity.  Crossing my fingers.

Lastly, to all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day!



No comments: