January 04, 2018

Ringing in the New Year


Happy 2018.  I almost typed "2017," the year that fluttered past me.  As for shop news, I recently sold a few January birthstone pieces (garnet), including the one shown here.  I hope these customers love their new jewelry.  I'm also hoping that 2018 is the year that I start making jewelry again.

* * *

Baby A., who is no longer a baby, is now a long-legged toddler.  She is inquisitive yet cautious, and continues to be a huge book lover - her collection now exceeds 100 books.  And her vocabulary reflects her love of words and stories: she currently uses 300 or so words on her own accord.  It's amazing to see her laugh at, and repeat, the inflections in words.  She also sings her favorite words in songs.  Subtleties are not lost on her.

Motherhood continues, life continues, writing continues.  The latter is my 2018 goal, besides the jewelry making.  May the year 2018 be the best for you and yours.  (And thank you to baby A. for napping while mama writes this.)


No comments: