January 25, 2017

New Year Thoughts

via impressus
Ah, 2017.  It still feels like 2016 to me, probably because last year was when all-wise little baby A. came into our lives - but back to the present moment...

My goals for 2017 are to enjoy family time (I often forget to take pictures!), make new jewelry when time allows, and begin again on expanding my writing services in shop.  I'm of the mindset that family comes first, so I'm continuing to accept custom orders on a case-by-case basis.  As I look at all the changes being made on Etsy and in our world, I'm astonished by the money-driven nature of it all - at the expense of creativity and ingenuity.  And need I mention old-fashioned integrity?  This I think about as I'm now a parent.

This I now realize as the first month of the new year unfolds.

No comments: