March 14, 2015

The End-of-Winter Process

Is wedding season really just right around the corner?  I'm still waiting for a decent dose of winter, but time doesn't wait for those who can't move forward along with it.  Recently, I have been writing quite a bit for clients, clearly putting their thoughts into writing.  Funny enough, I've nearly forgotten how an singular idea can get my creativity flowing, generate an excitement that courses through my veins.  This is what writing does for me.  Putting words into a coherent written work is half the deal--the other half is the process behind it all: the creativity, the enjoyment, the challenge and the frustration of taking someone's idea and working with that very idea, with the client's input, until it's right.  But oh, is it worth it.  Accompanying this has been a renewed interest (one that has eluded me for most of 2015 until now) in reading novels--actual physical books, as in paperbacks!

Literary inspiration is more prominent in my life lately, but I've also found inspiration in the natural world around me--in the colors and structural beauty of pre-spring flora and fauna.  These visual elements have captured my imagination, as I fervently scribble down ideas in my design notebook that will undoubtedly find their way into new EC | TIW designs in the near future.

That's all the news for now, so happy "almost spring," aka the start of traditional wedding season!

No comments: