August 03, 2012

Oh, August



August, oh August, where has the year gone?  I feel like I've done many things this year, but have not completed much.  Has anyone else felt this way?  Perhaps I am too hard on myself.

This sentiment is why, this month, I vow to diligently begin completing the task that has proven to be the most difficult: my degree.  The motivation for this degree comes in waves when I'd much rather prefer that it be a constant companion; it's a timeworn fight between the eternal optimist and the eternal pessimist in me, intimidates me--the writing (a hundred or so chapter drafts later), and maybe even the completion process (it's been five-and-a-half years).  But it's time.  

And at the end of it all, I foresee a huge Etsy shop sale.  A victory dance, if you will.  Dear, dear August, just wait and see.

No comments: