December 20, 2011

Rebirth of a Book

I received a book in the mail, intended as a gift for a dear friend.  Upon opening the package, I was rightfully shocked: the book was weathered, its outer pages yellowed, and cover sullied--much to my dismay.  I then did what any deeply feeling, semi-creative type would do: I salvaged the pages.  I took my husband's box cutter and gingerly cut out each page, which came out in three-to-five-page piles, with a swift swipe of the box cutter.



I made some unique items from some of these pages.  Unfortunately, I cannot share them with you right now because I have yet to download the pictures from my camera onto my computer.  I promise to share them one day soon.


If I don't blog again before Christmas, happy holidays!  I'm not really a holiday person, so this will suffice for now.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool idea with the book! Merry Christmas, Emerald! Here's to an uber successful New Year!

EmeraldCut said...

Thanks, GoHeyJudy! Right back at ya with the success for 2012.