November 14, 2011

After the Rain

We had our first day of November rain last week.  I love the sound and smell of the rain, the stillness conceived in a downpour.  In its white noise-dark sky glory, last week's rainstorm made the day and night go by all the more slower.  The pace at home reflected the weather outside, as we made a cozy cocoon indoors.  For me, music and books were ample company to fend off the occasional hibernation pangs.  The time change--marking the beginning of shorter, colder days--added to my yearning for slumber.  I felt like this dog:


I call it the "time change dog."  Notice how it seems a bit dazed in its staring into the great unknown.  The background of the calendar page is a very muted (kind of bland) yellow color, which didn't show up well in the photo.  I feel like muted yellow, too.

On a happier note, the sterling silver chain that I've been eyeing for months has arrived!  I will busily (and happily) be creating more necklaces for my Etsy shop in the upcoming weeks.


Lastly, I took these "raindrop study" photos of our Franciscan Manzanita the day following last week's storm:

No comments: