March 31, 2011

Handmade with Purpose Event

I'm participating in an event to donate to good causes called, Handmade with Purpose, through the month of April.  Well, actually April 2nd to 30th (minus the irony of April Fool's Day)!  There is a blog, http://handmadewithpurpose.blogspot.com/, which gives the blog buttons and links of participating shops and blogs.  There are over twenty--yes, OVER twenty--of us!  Can you tell that I'm excited?! 


Here is what it is about, directly from the words of its founder:
The purpose is to spread the word that we are a community of shop owners and bloggers who are working for the greater good. We want to give back. The month of April was chosen b/c last year I teamed up with another shop owner to raise month for Autism and April is Autism awareness month.

How am I contributing?
I am donating 100% of proceeds from HELP JAPAN items to  GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund, via PayPal.  This is an extension of my efforts that have begun nearly a month ago (as chronicled in my blog). 

(I have four pendants left--plus one on www.loveforjapan.etsy.com--where the entire proceeds will go to this cause.  I am publicizing my donation via Handmade with Purpose, so I can sell these remaining pendants and donate the funds from these sales to help a good cause.  I'm itching to donate...it's honestly the least I could do.  I've raised $31.00 so far.)



To view the participating shops and blogs in this endeavor, please click on the  Handmade with Purpose blog button below:

 

No comments: