December 17, 2017

December



Merry (early) Christmas, all.  With my 2017 track record of sporadic blog posts, I thought I'd say this now rather than wait to do so.

2017 has been a year filled with baby, learning how to be patient (me), and taking a step back from my Etsy shop in order to do these.  Motherhood is, ultimately, the most humbling job in the world.  It is also the most intense, for me.  Mentally, physically, and emotionally.  The worries; the staring at the monitor while baby sleeps due to these worries; the boundless energy (baby, not me); the staggering exhaustion.  As an introvert I've had to learn that I cannot control everything.  I have learned that my need for structure and control are second to my daughter's needs as she grows - these things, I still struggle with.

So for my sanity, I'm learning how to structure my time more wisely around my little night owl.  I read when I can, try to spend as little time on social media as possible (too easy to compare oneself to most motherhood photos), and even now try to do some writing as well.  This being said, I wish you the same: do something nice for yourself once in awhile.  Staying sane is the best gift you could give your loved ones.  Happy holidays!


No comments: