June 28, 2016

Summer Cleaning

We've been cleaning house.  It's been a struggle for me to figure out what to toss (or donate) and what to keep.  Shop supplies, I tend to keep.  Books, I want to keep them all--and that's the root of the problem when you have fifty-plus books and not enough space.

Maybe you have the same issue with books.  While cleaning, we carefully moved my grandpa's book collection into a nice old display case, all 100 or so texts in all.  Some are mildewed, others are taped using masking or Scotch tape, and others have pages missing.  All are yellowed with age; most are 60+ years old.  Perhaps it's from him, my grandpa, that I developed my love of books and infatuation with the written word.  I'd like to think so.

Still, I stare at my jewelry-making stone stash, especially when I receive inquiries about currently listed pieces.  The creativity is still there, but so is the overwhelming (physical) book stash.  I'll take my chances and partake in summer cleaning first.  Then I'll slowly ease into jewelry making again for it'll be a refreshing change of pace.


No comments: