September 29, 2014

NEW Hypoallergenic Earrings

This past week, I've been going through my shop inventory and noticed that I have been very behind in creating--and adding--hypoallergenic niobium ear-wire earrings to my shop!  Particularly ones with pretty gemstones in a variety of shapes, textures, and colors.  So please forgive me--I have not forgotten about my customers with sensitive ears (myself included).

Why is niobium so wonderful?  
Firstly, niobium is a naturally occurring metal.  Secondly, it is hypoallergenic--which means that people who cannot wear most earrings can safely wear them--and is even used in select laboratory and surgical applications.  Thirdly, the natural color of raw niobium is a dark matte slate-gray that visually compliments most color palettes.  In my shop, for instance, I pair niobium ear wires with plain sterling silver (argentium or non-argentium) wire, as sterling silver itself develops a natural patina over time--and the gray metal contrast between sterling silver and niobium is, in my opinion, fairly subtle and unique.  

Niobium (left) vs. silver-plated (right) ear wires--
these hypoallergenic niobium ear wires are
currently in-stock

Lastly, I've received extremely positive feedback regarding niobium ear wires from customers, family members, and from my own experience wearing them.  Give them a try--they'll certainly keep your ears pretty and pain-free.  Also, they're easy to clean.  To clean raw, non-anodized niobium ear wires, use household hydrogen peroxide.  I highly recommend niobium ear wires for those who cannot wear sterling silver or even titanium earrings.

Please check back here in mid-October, or instead go straight to my shop, for some new niobium designs.  If you have a custom order request, please contact me to see if a pair (or two) can be made especially for you.

Adore Golden Earrings 

Attention, brides: Are you looking for hypoallergenic earrings for yourself and/or for your bridesmaids?  Contact me for exclusive bridal pricing for your special day.  

Click here to see current niobium earring offerings in my shop. 

No comments: